Craving a sweet treat with a decadent twist? You’ll love this easy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe!
Made with ripe bananas and ingredients you likely have on hand, this moist banana bread recipe is easy to make!
Add in lots of gooey chocolate chips or swap them for nuts and enjoy it as an easy snack, breakfast on the go, or even dessert.
A Perfect Quick Bread
This is the best chocolate chip banana bread recipe because it’s both simple and delicious.
- What’s not to love? It’s this banana bread recipe is flavorful and extra moist with added chocolate chips for a dose of delicious.
- It’s made with simple pantry ingredients that you probably already have.
- It’s versatile, replace the chocolate chips with chopped nuts (like walnuts, pecans, or even peanuts) or coconut. Or keep it simple and skip the add-ins altogether.
- Perfect for any time of day – breakfast, snack, or dessert.
- You can make it ahead, and it keeps and freezes wonderfully.
Have it with coffee or tea as an afternoon snack!
Ingredients for Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Dry Ingredients – Use all-purpose flour with a bit of baking soda as a leavening agent for rise, cinnamon for some warm spice, and a bit of salt.
Wet Ingredients – Use unsalted butter for a moist texture and rich flavor. Brown and white sugar add sweetness and help create a perfect texture. Eggs bind it all together.
Bananas – The star ingredient – use ripe bananas with lots of black spots for sweetness and moisture. Don’t add extra bananas, or the bread can become heavy and dense.
Chocolate chips – I prefer semi-sweet chocolate chips but any variety will work in this recipe.
Variations – Banana bread is the perfect foundation for a variety of add-ins. Try toasted nuts like chopped walnuts or pecans. Dried fruits like strawberries, cherries, or cranberries will taste great as well!
The best banana bread is made with overripe bananas, so they are extra soft and sweet! Peel and freeze overripe bananas in the freezer. They’ll be ready to use next time you want to whip up this banana bread recipe.
To use frozen bananas in baking, thaw them in the fridge or microwave and drain any excess liquid.
How to Make Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Mix dry ingredients in one bowl and wet ingredients in a second bowl.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients just until combined.
- Pour into the prepared pan, top with additional chocolate chips if desired, and bake until a toothpick comes out clean.
How to Store Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Keep for about a week at room temperature as long as it’s in an airtight container.
- All quick breads freeze beautifully because their texture is dense. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap for up to a few months in the freezer.
- For easy serving, slice and wrap each slice individually. Remove from the freezer and microwave or pop it into a lunch box frozen, it will thaw quickly.
Did your family love this Chocolate Chip Banana Bread? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
This chocolate chip banana bread recipe is moist, flavorful and easy to make.
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8×4-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, whisk the dry ingredients. Add the chocolate chips and stir to coat.
In a medium bowl, combine the melted butter, sugars, and vanilla extract. Beat in large eggs one at a time, then fold in the ripe bananas.
Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
Fold in mashed bananas. Fold in dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
Pour the batter into the prepped loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Let the loaf cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely before slicing.
- Use bananas that are soft with lots of black spots.
- Mix the batter just until the wet and dry ingredients are combined.
- Ovens and baking pans can vary; check the bread early. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean or with just a few moist crumbs clinging to it.
- Cool before cutting.
Store at room temperature up to 1 week. Freeze up to 4 months.
Calories: 356 | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 60mg | Sodium: 335mg | Potassium: 125mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 30g | Vitamin A: 384IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 2mg
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.